Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Morning message to my youth

Hello and good morning my precious, valuable, worth the cross, spiritual family!

Each of us is being transformed today just as we were yesterday and just as we are until we come face to face with Jesus.

"Whoever tries to make his life secure will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it."
-Luke 17:33

Being in Sin is "I" in the center.
Being in God is "others" in the center.

S. I.N. leads to a life:
Stuck
In
Nothing

G.O.D. leads to a life:
Getting
Our
Dream

Obviously I made those acronyms just to help remind us of the truth.

Sin is best defined by its middle letter.
Which is "I"
Sin is when I am all about me.
When all I can do is think about me.
Sin is self-centered behavior,
Sin is self-promoting,
Sin is self-indulging,
Sin is self-ish.
And we were born with a sin-nature.


The Bible says in John 1:29:
"Look, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"

He took our SIN.
So everyday we are being made into what Christ died to give us: a New nature (His), and giving Him what He took on the cross: our sin.

In this life we'll never get to the point where we are sinless,
but by God's grace,
we will sin LESS.

This is the offer of a life abiding in Christ that leads to true and everlasting life.

Take action in cooperating with the Spirit of truth inside you today:
Who can you be about today at the cost of losing your self to some degree?
Take hold of that transforming opportunity!

Message inspired by Max Lucado's book "Because of Bethlehem"

Be loved by Jesus,
Jmegrey

No comments:

Post a Comment