Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Nashville's Gay Community and an unrelated note on feelings

       I met my first tranny the other night.  I didn't realize it at first until I commented on how nice "her" dress was, and "she" replied with a much raspier than expected musky tone, which startled me, and my eyes usually give all my emotions away. For example:  O__o (questionable), -_- (unamused),  =__= (tired), *__* (bloodshot), #_# (dead).

       I work with an eclectic mix of beautiful people, and I am so drawn to each of them in a different way, and I want to know more about them, bond with them, share my alienness with them, and just be their friend.

       I'm very interested in learning more as to who my coworkers are, not just who they portray themselves to be.  I don't mean to be some observer analyzing and evaluating, but I mean that I have grown up quite sheltered and it often puts strains on the love I want to so freely share with others.  I want to be delicate with my words and actions, while at the same time stand my ground as what I know is biblically true and pleasing to my Lord.  I pray that when I cannot say the right words, that my love will speak for itself.

---

      I try to not be controlled by my feelings since they often betray truth, so this means I have to restrain my anger when something or someone upsets me, but it also means that I have to know that something is not right even when I don't FEEL it as wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment