Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Much ado about Jesus

So much ado about Jesus

“Remain in Me, and I in you. Just as a branch is unable to produce fruit by itself unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me.”
John 15:4

So nothing will be worth anything unless it is lived in Jesus.
No prayer will be heard apart from praying in Jesus Name.

“If you remain in Me and 
(I do this by faith in His enabling grace)

My words remain in you, 
(by faith in His enabling grace that keeps His words in me, and I can know His words by reading and meditating on His Word, aka the Bible is His Word!) 

ask whatever you want 
(I can ask in faith with His Words in me as the words I use to also ask and form my sentences)

and it will be done for you. 
(God gives us His words to ask so that we ask and it be done...but first we must learn how to ask with the words He gives us)

My Father is glorified by this: 
that you produce much fruit 
(When God gives us the words to ask He does so with the intention that we gain the most.  So as we learn to ask with His words we are gaining the most of His fruits, and when we are bearing much fruit God is pleased and glorified in us.)

and prove to be My disciples.”
(A child of God is a child of blessing, honor and abundance.  When we are bearing fruit because of the words God has given us to ask Him things we are in Him and He is in us and it is evident that this is so) 
John 15:7-8


So I've been reading about prayer. 
I've been thinking about prayer--mostly how little I pray and how I feel convinced that prayer is what I am lacking and what I need most. 

Basically, I need God--to be closer to His heart, so close in fact that I'm in His heart and living from that place.

My prayer is to love.  (As the Father loves and even with the Father's love) 
My prayer is to live. (As the Father lives and even from the Father's life source)

And when these times of desolation are upon me, my prayer is to remember the words given to me by Christ.  The gift of His words are the very things I need to reach the heart of God!  Imagine that!  We have been given access to enter into the Father's heart by the words of Jesus.  Do the words remain in you?  Do you know what the words are?  Where do you find the words that bring you into the Father's heart?  Ask the Father with the words He has supplied you with, because those words He gives so that you and I will be given the most in this life and the next.  

As water enriches soil, 
so His words enrich our hearts.  

His words are both the seeds and the water, and our hearts are the soil for where we begin to see life happen. 

Teach us to pray!

"So spoke the disciples to Jesus. In making this request, they confessed that they were not able to pray on their own, that they had to learn to pray. The phrase “learning to pray” sounds strange to us. If the heart does not overflow and begin to pray by itself, we say, it will never “learn” to pray. But it is a dangerous error, surely very widespread among Christians, to think that the heart can pray by itself. For then we confuse wishes, hopes, sighs, laments, rejoicings–all of which the heart can do by itself–with prayer. And we confuse earth and heaven, man and God. Prayer does not mean simply to pour out one’s heart. It means rather to find the way to God and to speak with him, whether the heart is full or empty. No man can do that by himself. For that he needs Jesus Christ." -Bonhoeffer 

Get the words of Jesus today. 
Pray the words of Jesus today.
Have His words remain in you, and walk into the God of the Universe's heart--a place unlike any other place....where God Himself is revealed to you!  A mere human being! 

Be floored.
Be awed.
Be.
Beloved. 

Jmegrey

No comments:

Post a Comment