Saturday, December 28, 2013

First night in Cambodia, no bugs..yet.

Well for all who are curious, my hotel in siem reap does provide toilet paper along with the customary spray hose (have not tried it yet, but I'm sure I'll come around).  God is good, haha.

It's 5:11am, and I am scheduled to meet my staff in the lobby (aka the front door, haha) in about an hour and a half.  After about 10 minutes of trying to see if the shower would kindly turn warm, knob turning this way and that, I dropped a pretty steep level of comfort and let the icy stream sting my entire body from head to toe.  After the first few seconds it was hardly even noticeable.  All that fuss for nothing.  Sigh.  Once more I see how fragile I am in every sense; physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, logically, irrationally, and all the other -ly's.  By faith alone can I be brave, and by faith along I will bear fruit here in Cambodia.

I don't really know what to expect, so I'm expecting the unexpected.  Most of my team are families and most that are my age are women (daughters).  I still don't know if this is exactly where God was leading me, but if not I pray that I be shown grace and more grace to still be used and taught with this experience.  I know that there will be so many obstacles to my growth here (big bugs and their bites, cold showers in the early mornings, big bugs as meals, no toilet paper, humidity, did I mention bugs? Haha just to name a few), and so I pray that as I begin to peel off those things I consider mine (comfort, food, clothes, air, water, health, etc) I will replace it with an utterly naked surrender to Christ my Lord to supply all my needs the way He sees fit and not my way.  I pray to know Jesus and form a deep and serious relationship with Him, trusting Him with my very life, and walking into any situation with the confidence that my God is for me and with me so there's nothing to fear.

May the God of peace and joy fill your hearts on this day, all glory be to God, amen! 

Jamie 

No comments:

Post a Comment