Tuesday, December 31, 2013

6 girls, one bathroom, 500 spiders

Day 2- Cambodia 

All of my roommates are undeniably cool.  Most of the foreigner students are 19-21 yrs old, and the other girl here is 26 like me.  I feel a bit childish at times compared to everyone, due to a mixture of my awkward joviality with overly animated expressions, but even in that I must lay down daily myself and take in Christ's likeness.  It's about 5am, breaky starts at 7, but I still have indigestion from yesterday.  After 4 hours of the bumpiest bus ride from siem reap to Battambang my body is still adjusting to the differences in time, weather, food and water.  Not to mention I've had an unceasing wave of lower abdominal cramps from that time of the month.  All this in mind I am still not convinced this is the hard part of my being here.  

Day 3, 4, 5

We start our program tomorrow.  I have a massive headache, 12 bug bites, dirt everywhere, stomach pains, a gash on my knee and so much fear...but God is with me.  I know I'm in His hands, and that brings me immense comfort.  We bought bikes yesterday, I got a red one.  Ok so I can't write much more bc I'm getting nauseous, but if you're reading this please keep me in prayer.  

Au revoir ....or more appropriately: chum reap lee!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment