Thursday, January 1, 2015

All throughout the day

I'm in Seattle at the moment, and I'd like to share how incredibly easy it is to forget about God when your routine lifestyle suddenly goes out the window and you are placed in a new atmosphere.  Places, sights, and people become new and mysterious, and it is all but two seconds to do without the presence of God at the forefront of your senses.  Things, not God, take a more dominant loudness, but as always it is a matter of time before God's unchanging magnificence rules out over all that was once new and exciting.  God is so humble with His never ending glory.  He doesn't flaunt it, lure you, or try to falsely entice you.  
God needs no marketing because His love and Himself is the real truth carrying all beauty as it ebbs and flows through life, within His plan.  God is not a mystery to be chased, He's not a taste to be craved, He is not even a relationship to curb one's loneliness.  God is brighter than the Sun that is all around and everywhere, never out reach or sight.  
God is a fountain that flows without end, a source and sustenance that gives life itself.  
God is the one who loves like there's no telling.  No one can love like God does because no one can create another being to love, they can meet another but not create.  The way God loves is more than just a meeting that excites, it is being loved for every detail, and His love does not falter at our mistakes, but miraculously leads our mistakes into genuine and heart-opening confessions of being sorry.  

Oh man.  I can forget about a lot of things, and I get tired of trying to be good, but after all the thoughts and turnings that my heart puffs out, I seek God's unchanging character.  I seek, I find, I ask and I'm given, I knock and He opens the door.  Who but God is relentless about grace?  Who but God is unconditional in love? 

At the end of the day, heck, in the middle of the day, and at the very start...it has and always will be God who remains the same.  God is here, even when you don't remember Him. 

-a constant reminder of hope

No comments:

Post a Comment