Monday, December 21, 2015

Give me faith

Flat on my face the feeling is stale
No trace of joy, my cheeks are pale.

Been down this place a million times,
Turning and hiding and running around
Anything to keep everything in numb lines 

Deaf to my voice or silently He stays
No sign or miracle streamlining my way.
The abyss the dark the chaotic frenzy 
Waiting, waiting, wondering if He sees me. 

Give me what I need, 
But help me want it too.
But if it must be uncomfortable 
Lend me faith to pull me through. 
  
All the pressures and threats 
Are loud and terrifying,
In the silence let Your light be magnifying. 
Search me, and know me, Lord be in my core.
Where darkest fear and cruel words abound even more. 
Sit with me in the valley of death,
Calm me and lead me by Your very breath. 

Though the way is long and I see no end,
Give me faith that cleaves to You at every bend. 

Jmegrey 

No comments:

Post a Comment