Sunday, March 20, 2016

Heart check

I forget how vaporous my existence is in life on earth.  Yet, life is precious because it is so fragile.  The more extinct I become the more I see the thread of eternity like a spider's web across my vision.  A glint of soul shows on the inhales of quietness. 

I am moved by the simple notion of comfort, but I don't mean the kind of comfort that comes from money or sleep or even joy.  There is a profoundly deep comfort in true friendship that carries the worst of me away, far away, and that in itself is a kind of comfort of being left with goodness.  

The moment I begin to try is the moment I begin failing to live.  Trying seems to equate with dying, but in letting go I find freedom in the needs that go beyond what my trying could ever attain.  Freedom in that I am not alone in what I hope to one day achieve, and that is perfect and complete blessedness with love.  

Sounds of an epic story fill the chambers of my mind with visions of the Kingdom.  A place much grander than what my current bones could behold, a place made of purest holiness.  Taken into the fold of that place for eight measures more.  The songs I hear from the saints today bring me tears of awe and anticipation for the promises held in eternity. 

The low rumble of uncertainty and fear lie crouching at the door of my heart.  Ready to barge in and destroy the place!  But there is a well of living water that never stops reminding me that no matter how bad things get inside of me, there is One who dwells there within me who is more powerful than any intruder.  What the enemy steals, kills or destroys, the Spirit simply reproduces, resurrects, and renews-- just like that.  

Though this life is all depending and entertained with Time, it does not mean that eternity will be the same.  Eternity will not have a dependency on Time the way this life does, so it is good to consider how much importance we place on such a temporary thing as Time.  Time belongs to God just as any other created thing like money, trees, people, and stars.  So there is a good and a corrupt way for handling Time just as there is a good or corrupt way for stewarding money, relationships, the environment and so forth.  Time is something to be stewarded in such a way that it does not give rise to fear or anxiety but rather to the praise and adoration of who God is.  Time, or how much we have of it, should make our hearts full of wonder for all that God shows us through it.

Oh my.  My little heart.  So full of things much too big for it to comprehend.  So wandering and so blind.  So deep and so easily deceived.  So frail and yet so brazen at times!  My heart is such a well.  It is here at the well that I meet with the Savior of the world. 

Jmegrey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment