Thursday, April 7, 2016

When to let go and when to take more

When you're overwhelmed, 
God is ready to take over for you.  

When you can handle it, 
God is ready to hand you more. 

This relationship with God is not about comfort or easiness, it's about growing stronger and more in love with Him.  We are being trained everyday to be citizens worthy of what Jesus died to give us: The Kingdom of God.   

Eyes on the prize.

See a potentially overwhelming responsibility:

“Therefore, when Jesus looked up and noticed a huge crowd coming toward Him, He asked Philip, 

Be convicted by God:

“Where will we buy bread so these people can eat? ” 

Know His heart:

He asked this to test him, for He Himself knew what He was going to do.”
John 6:5-6

Every moment I catch myself asking God "what the?! How am I supposed to......why God?!"

I think of this moment when Jesus pointed out the huge crowds to Philip and asked him, 

"So, what are you going to do about this?" 

Haha. 

My initial response would be: 
"I'm going to freak out, cry and hide."

or if I'm feeling pretty confident I might think 
"I'm going to take care of it with all I have!"

But both of those responses won't do, because Jesus doesn't ask me for the response, but as an invitation. 

Be drawn to His presence today.  
He has invited us into life with Him.  

What you see is there, but what He wants to show you is about to be revealed.  

Stay close to His heart.  He is faithful.  
He is for you. 

Jmegrey 




No comments:

Post a Comment