Monday, May 23, 2016

Pleasure War

Blood boiling, heat rising
I can feel the tension pulling
Forward then backward, compromising 
Faith and flesh violently colliding.

In the moment I am feeling,
But deeper still I am hearing,
A voice inside tells me to leave now,
But my body bends to an idol to bow.

The war within my mind is quick,
Choosing is slow, yet it will stick--
To my soul and in my heart, 
God alone, with me, can embark.
On this redeeming road to death,
I face the blow of His mighty breath.
Here is pleasure, here is real pain.
Here is loss, and here is real gain. 

My heart will stir and conceal,
But God's Word will always reveal--
The two at odds that live in me,
Making me strain or helping me see
That God is He who fights for me
The battle won by a bloody victory, 
I'm free. 

Here is what I do to believe,
That this pleasure war is without heave
Quiet my mind, read the Word--
Let truth be spoken and be heard.

Though I fall it is He who redeems,
And when I obey it is He who beams,
One for grace and one for faith, 
Bringing my Savior closer today. 

Jmegrey


No comments:

Post a Comment