Thursday, August 27, 2015

The will of God today

“Lord, You will establish peace for us, 
for You have also done all our work for us.”
Isaiah 26:12

As my second year in theology school begins, I feel the habitual jitters that try to make me feel all of my old anxieties, the anxieties that choke me of my joy in learning about God.  However this time around I feel a sense of tremendous stability and readiness for what God may do.  To continue being surprised at what actually happens, but to remain in the posture of my bent knee to the King who is having His way and will being done each minute in every day.  No matter if I get a speeding ticket, if my parents say something hurtful, if my friends reject me, if my stomach is in physical pain, if I have a headache, if class is boring, or if I don't feel loved in that moment, the one thing that remains is His will being done.  

I am dropping my expectations, because His will is being done and I have no control over what is truly good.  But I know God is good.  So my expectation is that God is good, so no matter what may appear to be will turn out for my good. 

With this I walk continually in peace and then moments of being surprised by joy!  I'm sure I'll also experience sadness at some point, but I don't need to go searching for reasons to be sad haha.  For now, this peace is a blessing that I don't want to overlook because this is so awesome.  This is contentment. 

Hmm.  I wonder what will happen today.  I don't know, but all I expect is that whatever happens, God is God, He is good, and He loves me. 

It's amazing to know that I really have no fear.  He does my work for me.  
“Lord, You will establish peace for us, 
for You have also done all our work for us.
Isaiah 26:12

Today is walking in His doing and my established peace because He done did it all! 

No anxiety. 
No worries.
No fears.
No doubts.

All love.
All joy.
All surprises.
All peace.

At least that's what it is now.  Funny how I almost want to throw it all away and think it's too good to be true.  Why?  Because such goodness is not what anyone or anything else gives me.  This is only a goodness from God alone.

I love to sing in these seasons.  
It's weird, but I noticed I loved to sing in theses seasons, whereas in my seasons of "waiting" for God to rescue me I tend to write way more.  I write a lot when I'm confronted by my brokenness, but I sing more when I'm clothed in His perfection.  I sleep more too.  I don't know man. It is what it is.

Every season leads to other seasons and without my moments of broken confrontation I would not be in this season of pure contentment and joy.  I'm more willing in these seasons to do whatever God puts in my day.  

“Lord, You will establish peace for us, 
for You have also done all our work for us.”
Isaiah 26:12

It is God's will when I am broken and weeping, and it is His will when I am singing and getting things done, because I walk in His will.  

I hope you fall in love with the will of God today.

Jmegrey

No comments:

Post a Comment