Thursday, July 24, 2014

Stayed

And when the minds eye looks up at Christ,
When darkness fades within His light,
Mine eyes doth see, even if small,
The faintest glimpse of heavens all.

And joy does rise from peaceful stills,
Triviality lost to an eternal will
I see so small, and yet so great,
The Lord is good in every trait.

Oh that I would stay here 
Staring at Thee,
Fixed like a child on Father's knee
To listen and watch His words that bow,
Creating new ones, earths in tow.

Oh I am a small blessed one!
Seeing Him now,
Afraid to look away, as I know I shall.
But Lord, Your Spirit is friend in me,
Always reminding me, again, to see
You are God, and You are good, 
By faith most days, teach me to be,
Especially when sin darkens mine eyes to see.

Not by reason,
Not by sense,
Not by fear 
Or recompense,
But utter trust, through uncertainty 
Calmly keep me stayed to Thee.

-jmegrey


No comments:

Post a Comment