Friday, October 3, 2014

Today, right now.

I love waking up with a newness of joy sort of overflowing from within me, it's a confidence in God's sovereign hand and voice in my life, and this morning, right now, I wondered:

What could I do to place or position myself in God's presence more consciously and intentionally?

The first thing that came to mind was a dreary cliché bow of the knee in prayer, and that's not to say that prayer in such a way in dreary, but for me in this moment it sounded less than exciting.

I wanted fresh and real excitement to delight before The Lord, knowing that He was taking delight in me!

So I came up with this:

Turn on music and just get super into it, which is easy when no one is around to see me make a silly dancer/diva of myself except the one who I am trying to entertain!  Being joyful, like really joyful always puts me right at the heart of God, my joy is where He is, and I am in His presence most when Joy within me flows outward.

So friends, what can you do right now to position yourself in the presence of God?  

What can you do to delight before the Father who loves to see you delight in front of Him?! 

Jmegrey

No comments:

Post a Comment