Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Free to mess up.

Speak and act as those who will be judged by the law of freedom. 

-James 2:12

Today.  Freely you received so now freely give and show to others what you yourself have been shown in a measure far greater than any offense someone could cause you! 

If you're free to mess up, so are others. Don't turn into a judge, otherwise you place yourself back under the law and not the beautiful gospel. 

You're free to mess up, and they are too.  

That's freedom.  To know you have it all, all the freedom you ever desired.  

I still struggle with this.  To have the freedom to be gentle and kind to myself when I screw up.  This shows in my preconceived garble of thoughts trying to build a good defense against anxiety or possibly screwing up.  And then I remember I'm really bad at building defenses against something that no longer exists in my freedom.  If I'm free then I'm free.  There is no defending or protecting on my part.  Only living it out in faith.  So, I throw up my metaphorical, sometimes actual, hands and tell God exactly what I think, and He responds so that I understand more and more. 

He already knows what you're really thinking, but you tell him anyway because you don't always believe that He knows or that He actually cares.  

He cares, if He didn't care He wouldn't have died for that freedom. 

Jmegrey

No comments:

Post a Comment