Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Who has done this?

“Who has performed and done this, 
calling the generations from the beginning? 
I, Yahweh, am the first, and with the last — I am He.””
Isaiah 41:4

Waking up with the Lord is so refreshing to my soul.  My eyes are adjusting to being open again, but my heart and the meditations flowing from it are good and fearless.  

Who has done this but God who wakes me with His love? 
He calls me in the morning, leads me to the breakfast I have, fills me with good coffee, refreshes my face in the water, and clothes me with soft threads. 
Throughout the day God stays with me, fills my eyes with the heavens as I drive on the freeway, my ears take in His song, and still the meditations of my heart are of His love for me.
When I walk to class He holds on to me, the unpredictable friends I make, the conversations I have, the lessons I learn, and the snacks He has prepared for me to have when I get hungry.  All the while the meditation of my heart is that He is for me.
As I go to the library to study He waits with me in the moments of anxiety that need to be calmed.  He walks upon those waters and calls me forth to step out into His power.  That all things are subject to Him--even the winds.  And my heart is vulnerable to the fears that He brings to the surface to show me that even those are futile and rendered powerless when His love floods over them.  His love wrecks every fear.  And the meditations of my heart is that His ways are perfect.
Finally, as I meet with friends for dinner and genuine conversation my God goes before me.  He prepares my way and makes a path for me to walk through.  He might make my heart very tender to ready it for compassion, or He may build it up to ready it for some courageous but loving confrontation.  It is all in His hands as He continues to set me where my feet will desire to go.  I go willingly and not willfully, I go willingly and not will-lessly.  I go because the meditations of my heart sing His love for me. 
And when I come home to change into pajamas He settles my thoughts.  He sweetly recaps our moments with me like old fashioned reels played against a white wall.  He feeds me, He clothes me, He fills my heart with awe and wonder. 
At last He is there in the dark of the night.  Sometimes calling me to prayer, or bringing me rest right away.  His eyes never leave me, and His hand never lets go of me.  From the moment I lay my head down to sleep He speaks His love over me, and again there is no fear that stands after this.  The meditations of my heart say that He is God, He is good, and He loves me. 
Come what may in the night, pain or fear or an unknown darkness, my God goes before me and prepares the way with Love that always brings me back to safety.  

“Who has performed and done this, 
calling the generations from the beginning? 
I, Yahweh, am the first, and with the last — I am He.””
Isaiah 41:4

Jmegrey

No comments:

Post a Comment