Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Just a Dollar

Just a dollar


       So sometimes when I do the laundry for the family I work for, I find money in the pockets of their pants, that have been through the washer and dryer, thus easily mistaken for as  discarded (clearly the delusion of a greedy person).  I am always tempted to keep the money, but I never do (thankfully).  I find it so strange that I almost feel like it's ok to keep that money.  Even if it's just a dollar, I know that taking that would be the same as stealing.  As their hired help, they trust me, and taking money from them would be the same as stealing.  Still, I'll find 20 dollar bills, 10 dollar bills, fives and ones, and the thought will cross my mind...."should I pocket this? they won't even notice or probably care"...but then I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach that tells me I'll feel guilty and like a terrible person, and no money is worth carrying around guilt or taking on the coat of a thief.  No money.   

       Because it always starts with "just a dollar".

No comments:

Post a Comment