Monday, October 28, 2013

When it feels like death

It just occurred to me that the moment I begin to let go of control and to trust in God, I had previously described it as feeling like death or that I was going to die, and I realize it's not just a feeling.  Surrender is a death.  

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.


It feels like death, because it is death.  A spiritual death.  But I believe in Jesus whom Death could not hold down.  Perhaps dying is just another step, like tithing and giving food to the hungry, that we do because Christ did it.  His death was literal, but so was His resurrection.  Be it spiritual or physical death, If what you feel in the moment of surrender resonates a kind of death, then I'd say you were on the right track.  



No comments:

Post a Comment