Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Letter to God

Dear God,

    Hello from earth.  I am writing You because I'd like to get to know You more.  There are a few things I wanted to tell You, even though I'm sure You know them already...which is crazy, but I will write them out anyway because it helps me to be able to write things down.  Anyway, I sense that lately I am slightly fuzzy about what I could do to bring You glory.  I know what I shouldn't do, so perhaps I should start there, but I'm very weak, and even the things I shouldn't do need to be replaced with things I should do, so once again I need to know what to do. Haha.  I hope I will be able to hear what You are telling me, whether in my prayers or through another person or during the quiet thoughtful moments while I read your Word.  I'd really like to know, though, regardless of how...well, hopefully how I find out will not be some painful way either, but if it is please give me the wisdom and perseverance to hear and obey You.  I get confused when I think it's You guiding me to go somewhere or do something and when it's just me trying to create some sort of drastic change in scenery.  I'd like to go where You guide me, so please make it apparent to me that it's You and not me.
       Also, if I may ask, please guide me where I will have a ton of adventure and freedom from myself.  Teach me to put others well being before my own (or as much as my own), and to find joy in the work that I do that pivots on my love for You.  Help me not to be lazy, self-deprecating, selfish, greedy, or apathetic.  Please make me compassionate, generous, honest, and gentle.  Please answer my prayer before the week ends, if that's not too much to ask.  There are a few deadlines I need to act on, and I know You can extend or miraculously change things like that, so if that's the case then please ease my mind in that regard.

       I hope we can start to get to know each other more, although You already know me perfectly, I think it helps me to think that we are both in this process together.  So, I guess it's more like help me to get to know You better in a transactional way...like You talk, I listen, I talk You listen, and so forth.  Cool.  Ok, thanks for hearing me out.  I'll write You again soon.  :)  Love You

awkwardly in anticipation,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment