Saturday, February 8, 2014

God are You real?

And the burning question behind most of my fears is: God, are You real?

Let the storm come so that every foundation not built upon You,
our Rock, 
be torn down.
May the sand castles crumble! 
Let the storm be more evidence that You are real,
 and that everything else is just a castle made of sand.  
As I choose to give up all my castles, everything that I think makes my worth or that is good in my life, 
as I abandon those things and run to cling to the One Rock, 
show me in the storm that they were always just worthless sand.  
Though the storm may frighten me, though I may feel alone, 
though I may think "surely I'll die in this turbulence!", 
remind me that You see me, 
that You love me, 
and that You are my shield, 
my Joy, 
that I am Yours, 
and You are God, 
and You are good.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment