Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Fear

I used to be so afraid of my fears.
Fear of my self preservation,
Fear of my future, 
Fear of losing things or never attaining goals,
Fear of screwing up,
Fear of offending,
Fear of failing,
Fear of becoming ugly (does that mean I think I'm pretty, maybe),
Fear of rejection,
Fear of abandonment, 
Fear of missing out or losing out,
Fear of dying,
Fear of disappointing,
Fear of being poor,
Fear of never even trying,
Fear of living a meaningless life,
So many fears...,
You can see why I just wanted to get rid of fear, 
But now that's not what I want, nor what I believe that God wants.

I don't want to live my life fearlessly....
I want to live my life fearing God. 

Fear is a human capacity that every human being has, and how we use that fear is something we can choose to glorify God.  Not to be changed or to avoid worrying, albeit those are highly probable blessed outcomes, but to choose to turn my fear from everything and to fear God alone is best when it is solely to know how much God loves me. 

I love when I fear God, because it is in those moments that I feel His love most powerfully present and so profoundly real.  

Jmegrey


No comments:

Post a Comment