Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Prayer

God,

I need Your help.  I'll tell You everything, as much as I know and can about what's bothering me, and what hurts.  

I remember that You are love and that knowing You is also being known by You.

I am known by You, God!
Ha!
That's so cool and I love being known by You because as I am fully known I am fully loved--this becomes profoundly more real to me. 
The love I give is my giving of You.

"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." -1 John 4:8

You, God, You are love.  I know love because I know You.  I desire to love You and therefore I make myself known to You.

"But  if anyone loves God, he is known by Him." -1 Corinthians 8:3

I'll tell You what's weighing on my mind and heart, what's causing the tears to fall or the frustration to rise, I'll tell You directly and intentionally, willfully, I'll lay out all my burdens before you.

"Cast your burden on the LORD, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." -Psalm 55:22

Lord.  Father.  Abba Father, I need Your help. 

"Love must be without hypocrisy. 
Detest evil; cling to what is good. 
Show family affection to one another with brotherly love. 
Outdo one another in showing honor. 
Do not lack diligence; 
be fervent in spirit; 
serve the Lord. 
Rejoice in hope; 
be patient in affliction; 
be persistent in prayer. 
 -Romans 12:9-12

I'm praying now, and I'll pray again until I see you face to face when prayer is no longer necessary.  Here are my inconsistencies, my confusing frustrations, and my unmet needs.

"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way."
 -Psalms 139:23-24 


Jmegrey

No comments:

Post a Comment