Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Psalm 30 (Joy in the morning)

I will exalt You, Lord, 
because You have lifted me up 
and have not allowed my enemies 
to triumph over me. 

Lord my God, 
I cried to You for help, 
and You healed me. 

Lord, You brought me up from Sheol; 
You spared me from among those 
going down to the Pit. 

Sing to Yahweh, 
you His faithful ones, 
and praise His holy name. 

For His anger lasts only a moment, 
but His favor, 
a lifetime. 

Weeping may spend the night, 
but there is joy in the morning. 

When I was secure, 
I said, “I will never be shaken.” 

Lord, when You showed Your favor, 
You made me stand 
like a strong mountain; 

when You hid Your face, 
I was terrified. 

Lord, I called to You; 
I sought favor from my Lord: 
“What gain is there in my death, 
if I go down to the Pit? 

Will the dust praise You? 
Will it proclaim Your truth? 

Lord, listen and be gracious to me; 
Lord, be my helper.” 

You turned my lament into dancing; 
You removed my sackcloth 
and clothed me with gladness, 
so that I can sing to You 
and not be silent. 

Lord my God, I will praise You forever. 

-Psalms 30:1-12

You were made for His love,
for this joy in the morning. 

-Jmegrey 

No comments:

Post a Comment