Saturday, May 30, 2015

Father, father, father

Father, father, father,
Three times I called for You.
Did You hear me?
Three times I reached out to find You, 
Did You see me?

I thought "You heard me",
You saw the tears roll down my face.
Father, Your voice is like thunder and Your presence like rain.  

You circle me like a tornado and bring me to the eye, 
You hold me like an infant and sing a sweetly handsome lullaby.  You breathe with me, feel with me, and eventually calm me down.  

Your perfect love clears the fear away.  Just like the earth's day after it rains. 

Father, father, father.
I still have much more to say.
I have more questions and comments to make.  I have suggestions and some complaints, if I may.  

Yet,now I'm tired in Your hands where I lay.  Softly stilled and feeling okay.  

So I'll talk later and rest for now,
But Father, dear Father, father
By my side always stay.  

Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. 
-Hebrews 4:16

Jmegrey

No comments:

Post a Comment