Saturday, May 9, 2015

I need Real Love

Okay, deep breath, Holy Spirit, what are my real needs today? 

I need to be reminded: 

"Therefore I will always remind you about these things, even though you know them and are established in the truth you have. I consider it right, as long as I am in this bodily tent, to wake you up with a reminder,"
(2 Peter 1:12-13 HCSB)

I need to to know my advocate for when I sin is Jesus, I need to know that my sins committed along the way are taken care of:

"My little children, I am writing you these things so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father — Jesus Christ the Righteous One."
- 1 John 2:1-4

I need to know Jesus again and again because it feels unbelievable that I should not feel guilty when I sin! Feels that's way, but by faith is not unbelievable.  The less guilty I feel the more loved I feel: so awesome. 

"I am writing to you, little children, because your sins have been forgiven because of Jesus’ name. "(1 John 2:12 HCSB)

I need to know that what appears to be is not what will always be, because honestly I appear to be so weak and helpless and small and insignificant and poor and weird and awkward, and older: haha BUT we will be like Him one day: perfect.

"Dear friends, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him because we will see Him as He is."
 (1 John 3:2 HCSB)

I need to know that if I ever want to see God I can find Him in other believers, talking to them, being honest with them, breaking down my defenses before them, having a close relationship with them....is all the same as having a close relationship with God:

"No one has ever seen God. If we love one another, God remains in us and His love is perfected in us. This is how we know that we remain in Him and He in us: He has given assurance to us from His Spirit."
 (1 John 4:12-13 HCSB)

Again, I need to be reminded that ABOVE ALL above faith, above prayer, above reading the Word, above doing good things, above serving others, above using my gifts for God's glory, ABOVE ALL: I need to remember to maintain an INTENSE LOVE for my brothers and sisters.  I need to always keep that in mind.  Above all, love for each other is the most important.  Above all.  I need to remember that when priorities shift ....I need that simple command at the head of everything: to maintain an intense love (INTENSE LOVE, which I don't even know what that looks like but all I know is that it's not a small love or a convenient love or a comfortable love...it is intense ...passionate, crazy, consuming, big love for my brothers and sisters.) for him and her.  It's true that I'm bad at it, but it is the one thing I should be most concerned about since it is ABOVE ALL:

"Now the end of all things is near; therefore, be serious and disciplined for prayer. Above all, maintain an intense love for each other, since love covers a multitude of sins."
-1 Peter 4:7-8 

And again...love for each other in that INTENSE DEGREE is what I need in order to know that I am going God's way.  I am God's child because of the evidence in that my love for others becomes more and more intense:

"This is how God’s children — and the Devil’s children — are made evident. Whoever does not do what is right is not of God, especially the one who does not love his brother."
(1 John 3:10 HCSB)

It's love.
At the start of the day,
Throughout the day, and
At the end of the day....
Ask yourself:  am I loved enough to love others yet?  (The day will reveal the answer)

Love is not forced and it is not laborious or burdensome.  If loving others feels burdensome check yourself!  It should be of utmost importance that you love from a pure heart.  Not from a sacred heart or a self righteous heart...but a pure love is the same love you believe God shows you.  Go for the real intense love.  Fight to know this love.  Because THAT love is God.

Jmegrey

No comments:

Post a Comment