Monday, September 16, 2013

From the Mountain View.

There is fear again, 
but hope takes a stand,
in the midst of my lost eyes,
I close them tightly and reach,
my hands quick to find His,
without too much hesitation,
against what my mind threatens me with,
hands firmly laced He guides me,
at first the terrain feels rough,
all I see are the splotches behind closed lids
I am terrified by the unknown.
We go a few more steps 
and suddenly we are climbing,
I begin to cry and tell Him I can't go up,
afraid that He might let go,
and that I'll fall to a terrible low.
But His grip tightens,
He asks me to trust Him,
and I do, because He brought me this far,
we go further up and I feel faint,
weak with exhaustion,
He lifts me by my arms into His,
carries me up the highest part,
and I can feel the air pressurize
into that cool crisp mountain top,
eyes still closed I feel the wind,
our hands glow in the still,
He whispers to me gently:
"open your eyes"
I feel my body shake with relief,
not realizing we have stopped.
At first the movement stings,
but I slowly peek out from the darkness,
and the light is blinding,
but soon I adjust to the bright.
I see how far we have come,
the things we left behind,
the broken pieces are far beneath us,
and they look so insignificant,
I almost laugh.
But I see they led me to Him.
So I'm even grateful for the pain,
that made me desperate,
made me more trusting,
made me close my eyes,
and hold on to Jesus til I reached the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment