Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A precipice in time

(The cliff's edge in Time)

When my eyes examine 
The world I live in
Dread, worry and fearful regret
Mindfully barge in

Surrounding me like wolves
I smell their sweaty breath
Their snarling teeth 
Threatening with death

Here I look up
From a sheer precipice
Aware of the dangers
Not one fear amiss

Breathing reminders
And cold gusts of wind
Tight apprehension 
Crowding within 

I stand on a precipice 
Alone at the edge
Looking upward 
And again at the ledge

Bubbling, building, 
stinging inside,
Massacres, blood, 
Bodies in the tide.

Somewhere my eyes catch
An awesome hope
As God on His throne 
Let's down a rope

I make no tarry 
And grab it with force
He pulls me up 
And then pulls me close

His voice is like thunder
Speechless I listen
Pointing at my life 
The trials all glisten 

"I am always near you"
Is all I can hold in my mind
As I am lowered back down
Back into time.



No comments:

Post a Comment