Wednesday, June 10, 2015

When you can't sleep well

There's a war in my chest,
I cannot seem to rest,
There are two warring wants,
And my heart feels gaunt

I want to see the crazy and be still
But the opposition seems to kill
And how will I be good if I lose?
I simply cannot will to choose.

I can do nothing but cry,
The tension within coursing high 
God, my soul's love, are you there?
Show me Your face in my despair. 

I don't want to fear or self destruct 
So take my will and sovereignly instruct
For again and again I'm lost in Your love,
Nothing of me as my place is above. 

Father, Rescuer, here with me now,
I see no sure sign of why or how 
Why the desert and why the pain?
The way to You gets my heart slain.

Nowhere, nothing and no one knows
How the real difference really grows
To barely sleep because of shame,
Yet hear You call me back by name. 

Jesus, I look toward who You are 
my forever rising morning star
Broken and leaking, afraid I call
Kingly reigning, greatest treasure of all
So everything, so whole, so unbelievable 

My breath is caught up in Your throne
Lovely, lovely are You alone 
But to see You makes my heart groan
For through sins I see how you did atone.

I'm sorry. I fall so cowardly.
I'm so weak, this and that.
So torn inside as I think more deeply,
Your grace is where I sleep at. 

Jmegrey







No comments:

Post a Comment