Thursday, June 25, 2015

Today in Him

I will extol you, O Lord, 
for you have drawn me up 
and have not let my foes rejoice over me. 

O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, 
and you have healed me. 

O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol; you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit. 

Sing praises to the Lord, 
O you his saints, 
and give thanks to his holy name. 
For his anger is but for a moment, 
and his favor is for a lifetime. 
Weeping may tarry for the night, 
but joy comes with the morning. 
(Psalm 30:1-5 ESV)

I have few words, (and only a few minutes) to write a short expression of thanks and awe to God for what He showed me yesterday from morning til late into the following wee hours of 2am.  I had been having a really bad morning yesterday, waking up with physical discomfort, anxiety, and worries about future plans and things that were about to take place, but God took care of all of it in such an intimate way.  He met me in my need so powerfully and convincingly.  He eased my flurry of thoughts with a gentle reminder that all would accomplish what He intended it to accomplish so that I should not fear what I might do or not do to botch up His glorious plans.  He chuckled with me when I began to see my worry as a threat to His loving plans for me.  He empowered me with meekness to be still and let Him be made known.  

I want to thank God for making me feel validated as royalty.  I want to thank God for proving my fears wrong and putting my doubts to silence. 

I want to thank God for the awestruck wonder and amazement in my heart that bloomed mightily into the night as I stood and sat in His presence as a daughter of His.  I watched Him work.  I sat there taking it all in like a child in amazement at the work of their Father.  He spoke things into being, moved mountains, created winds, and poured out amazing love into my heart like waterfalls. 

Already the gloom of harder days looms in the back of my mind, hardship will be just around the corner again, but with every passing season I have come to see God with me.  I may not immediately acknowledge Him with me, but never have my fears or worries stopped His plans in my life from unfolding into beautiful miracles.   So whether I am in the light or in the dark, All days are light to Him--and that is my joy through the suffering.  That I am His and He is mine, and no greater love exists. 

I thank God for every rescue, but I thank Him for every hardship, too, that reveals His grace for me.  I thank Him for all the tears, for every healing in my body and soul, and for choosing me for restoration from among those going down to the pit.

I thank God, my Father, for all things in every day.  I am in His love that is forever high and forever deep.  

May today be in Him more than yesterday! 
Jmegrey

No comments:

Post a Comment