Monday, February 1, 2016

Prayer of a recipient of love

Lord, 
I just want to sit at Your feet and be with You.  But time calls and beckons for my attention, people to meet, places to go, events to attend to, studies to begin, classes to attend, books to read, messages to write, but above all of that...it's always about You.  

So here I am.  Meet with me.  Open my ears to hear Your sweet whisper of closeness.  Open my heart to be aware of the truth of what You're doing to bring me closer and closer. 

Soften my heart to make me receptive and repentant.  Humble me if I've falsely outgrown the depth of Your grace in my life.  Lead me quietly by still waters as I remember my identity.  Yours. 

Lord I feel the brokenness of where I used to be, and the brokenness of where I see some to be, and I need Your presence to be with me to remind me that You're here now.  You're here now and You make all things new.  You are mighty and You are God.  You are sovereign and You will have Your good and perfect way.  I rest in You. 

Jesus.
“Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him. 
But let him ask in faith without doubting. 

For the doubter is like the surging sea, 
driven and tossed by the wind.”
James 1:5-6

“But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peace-loving, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without favoritism and hypocrisy.”
James 3:17

Lord give me wisdom to love like You do.  Sharpen my understanding and breathe into my mind the very essence of Your heart for me so that when I speak it will be Your heart speaking through me.  Give me patience and endurance, but let me not be alarmed when painful exhaustion or confusion begins to rise.  Let me take those as cues for Your presence taking over.  You speak through me, but You also remind me that it is You.  At times, I feel unsure because I begin to lose strength to carry what I am given, and it is then that I realize You are carrying me. 

I can breathe easy in Your arms, so remind me again and again to welcome the weakness and have it be a call to Your arms of love. 

Lord, 
Father...
Dad.
You and me.  No one could love me like You, because You are the Creator of love itself!  No one could love anyone the way You do because we are all products of Your love, but You are the very nature of love.  

We are recipients of love, but You are love.  Funny how as recipients we try and pull love out of other recipients expecting to have endless amounts of love from a recipient when the storehouse of love is You.  We can run out of love by running away from You, but You never run dry.  

Take me deeper into Your heart where I swim in amazing love unending, unconditional and irresistible.  Refuel my storehouse so that I may overflow again.  I think I almost ran out haha and I was reminded I needed more of You, because I am not on my own...but I receive in order to give. 

In the name of Jesus, Your precious Son and my precious Savior and loving brother, and by Your Holy Spirit in me I pray confidently as Your own daughter, 
Amen. 

Jmegrey 

No comments:

Post a Comment