Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Unstoppable God

Though the violence befall me 
Though the killers approach me
Though fire and hell appear before me
Though my own thoughts betray me
Though my heart fail me
Though the world mock me
Though the cold strikes me
Though the pain overwhelm me
Though the burden weigh down on me
Though my sight scares me
Though the feeling leave me
Though fog threatens to swallow me
Though my hunger take control over me
Though the darkness cover me
Though discontent infects me
Though my friends abandon me
Though my own family leave me
Though the ones I love reject me
Though all may seem to hate me
Though the skies crumble over me 
Though the wall stand tall to stop me
Though my limbs lay limp beside me
Though I fall and the cause be only me
Though Your presence unsettles me
Though death itself finds me

I will remain in You.  
Safe and sound. 

You make all things new.
You turn the bitter into sweet.
You bless the broken pieces.
You give comfort to the crying.
You give joy to the sufferer.
You smile upon the servant.
You welcome the child-hearted home.
You sing me to sleep.
You give me a new song everyday.
Your mercies are new every morning.
Your kindness leads me to repentance.
Your grace is enough. 
You are always with me. 
You are for me.
You are my Father.
You are good.
Your love endures forever.
You are the beginning and the end.
You do not sleep or slumber.
You defend the poor and powerless.
You hear the prayers of the broken-hearted.
You accept a cheerful giver. 
You provide for all of my needs.
You see me.
You died for me.
You gave Your life to be with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment