Saturday, August 16, 2014

In the Dark (a poem)

There I was,
all alone
in the Dark.

Dark covered me,
I thought I saw,
but I couldn't see.

For years the Dark
 imprisoned me,
Every pursuit was empty.

In the Dark I'd lay dying,
All was vanity,
but I kept on living.

Dark smiled at me,
Smiling back, fearfully,
until by grace I disagreed.

Again, the Dark fed me,
an avalanche of lies!
Numbing, instant, temporarily.

There I was,
all alone
in the Dark.

God in omniscience 
Steadfast in love
Let me in darkness
His purpose above.

By grace I was found,
To see His sovereignty,
Glorious splendor of true Majesty!

Blind eyes He opened,
Light unveiled my heart
To look with bright gaze 
into the dark.

There I was
He was there,
Light of dawn.
I stepped into Thee.

-Jmegrey


--
But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day. The way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know over what they stumble. 
(Proverbs 4:18-19 ESV)




No comments:

Post a Comment