Sunday, August 31, 2014

Prayer about sin.

I hate sin.

Like I really hate it.  

It destroys everything in it's path, and yet disguises itself as pleasure.

Mercy.

Father, please help me.  Please have more mercy on me, and help me see the destructiveness of my ways.  Help me to hate my sin so much that I would turn away from it.  Help me to have authority over my thoughts, and of all that is given to me;  help me to choose to obey.  I don't even want my free will, I want Your will, because my will to choose is weak.  I want to be controlled by You, found in You, identified by your pleasure and delight, and with You, near You, and to be all Yours.  I am still so confused as to how I can feel and see healing in certain areas of my life, and yet fall into similar sins by choice?!  Help me to choose You!  Help me to be brave to face the pain and the terror that I try to smother the moment they begin to taunt me.  Help me keep my eyes on Jesus, his atoning blood on the cross, and grace for the next 5 seconds of faith and belief in You.  Remind me that You are God.  That You love me.  That You are for me.  Help me to be humble so that I can have more grace in my life.  Help me to discern my thoughts well.  Help me to find refuge in you, both in times of peace and in times of unrest.  I don't want to be made of tears and shame or ungratefulness (which is unfeeling and unseeing), but I want to be filled with the Holy Spirit and Life.  I want to see as You see!   Fill me again. And again.  And again. Everyday.  Lord, I am so weak, so rebellious, so prone to turn back to my sin, and so fearful of the darkness, but reveal Your power to me.  Reveal Your promises, Your love, and Your ways to me.  Make me like You, make me holy.  I keep getting distracted by things that are temporary.  Help me see Lord!  Open my blind eyes to the truth!  Silence the confusion in my head, forgive me Father!  Forgive me, for I have sinned against You.  I have sinned and I have been disobedient....doubtful, scared, and bent on self indulgence. Forgive me please, and wash my sins away by the blood of the Lamb. 

I pray all this in Jesus name,
Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment